Cyberghost Security Suite review
In this article we will discover Cyberghost Security Suite, a set of protection tools for Windows gathered in a single application.
This suite consists of one of the best VPNs on the market, which you can read about in our test here :
As well as :
- An anti-virus and anti-malware created in collaboration with Intigo.
- Security Updater that detects obsolete applications.
- Privacy Guard that disables the many bugs built into Windows.
- A secure and anonymous browser.
Cyberghost Antivirus & Antimalware
To integrate an antivirus into its security suite, Cyberghost has worked in partnership with indigo, which has created the best current antivirus on Mac and which also has a Windows version.
Cyberghost’s antivirus includes all the features necessary for effective protection.
- Real-time protection against:
- Cloud-specific protection.
- Automatic update.
- Quick or full scan.
During our test, the detection rate proved to be of a correct level without however reaching the levels of excellence of the best known antiviruses such as ESET Nod32 for example.
Real-time protection did not noticeably impact the overall performance of our computer. Finally, the scan time for a full analysis of our computer was a bit longer than average.
Cyberghost Privacy Guard
As you probably know, Microsoft has long made a habit of integrating into its Windows operating system everything necessary to identify and spy on its users.
It can collect a lot of data about you which is then sent to its servers. Depending on your Windows configuration and the applications you use, these cookies may know:
- Your contacts.
- Your browsing history.
- Your appointments.
- Your location.
- The content of your emails.
- What you type on your keyboard.
Although it is possible to limit the collection of data by Microsoft by modifying the privacy settings of Windows, this operation can quickly become tedious as its various settings are scattered throughout the operating system.
The usefulness of Cyberghost’s Privacy Guard is to simplify the process as much as possible by bringing together 76 settings within its application that you can activate or deactivate to prevent data collection by Microsoft.
Privacy Guard analyzes your operating system and tells you which settings to disable. It is then up to you to follow these recommendations or not.
Cyberghost Security Updater
Many people are not aware that the applications they use need to be updated regularly to close possible security holes.
Security Updater will help you keep your applications up to date in the following ways:
- It scans your computer to make a list of all the software you have installed on it.
- It tells you which software needs to be updated.
- Displays the link to download it.
- It reports on the security impact of each outdated software.
CyberGhost Private Browser
CyberGhost Private Browser is a Chromium-based anonymous browser that protects your online privacy and prevents tracking of your online activities.
Unlike the incognito mode available on Chrome which does not hide your surfing, but just does not save your history and erases cookies, Cyberghost’s anonymous or private browser goes much further.
- Ad blocking.
- Deletion of cookies, browsing history, passwords… every time you close the browser.
- Blocking of trackers.
- Protection against phishing.
You can also customize the privacy settings according to your needs.
*Note that all extensions compatible with the classic Chrome browser can be installed on the Cyberghost browser.
CyberGhost Password Manager
For an additional $2 per month, you can add Cyberghost Password Manager, a secured password manager that is easy to use.
Passwords once they accumulate are not easy to remember, especially if they are complex as recommended. The principle of a password manager is to store your passwords in a fully encrypted digital safe.
Then, whenever it is necessary, the manager will search your database for your username and password for each site, and automatically log you in without having to re-enter it.
Cyberghost Password Manager comes with the following features:
- State-of-the-art AES-256 and RSA 4096 encryption of all your passwords stored in the vault.
- Ability to select dual authentication to access the safe.
- Unlimited password storage.
- Ability to let Cyberghost Password Manager create automatic passwords.
- Cross-platform protection (Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Fire TV).
- Browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Brave).
- Synchronization on all your devices.
A dedicated IP address is an IP address that belongs exclusively to you. They offer many advantages, such as limiting the risk of being blacklisted, i.e. being flagged as a VPN IP address and being blacklisted to prevent you from accessing the desired service, such as streaming platforms for example.
Cyberghost’s dedicated IP addresses are located in 5 different countries: France, Germany, UK, USA and Canada.
*Additional fee of $3.75 per month.
Cyberghost Security Suite: Subscription Prices
- 1 month VPN subscription, CyberGhost Security Suite surcharge: 4.99 € /month.
- 1 year VPN subscription, CyberGhost Security Suite surcharge: 2.00 € /month.
- 2-year VPN subscription, CyberGhost Security Suite surcharge: 1.45 € /month.
- 3-year VPN subscription, CyberGhost Security Suite surcharge: 1.15 € /month.
Final verdict on CYBERGHOST SECURITY SUITE
For a small fee, Cyberghost Security Suite offers a complete set of security tools accessible through a single interface.
You’ll have one of the best VPNs on the market, a powerful antivirus that offers an effective level of protection, a Privacy Guard to protect you from spyware installed on Windows, Security Updater that helps you keep your software up to date, and a premium private browser.
On the downside, we regret that Cyberghost Password Manager is not included in the package and costs $2 extra per month to use.
Finally, the dedicated IP address, although extra, is also offered for a very competitive price, which is a very good point as it can be useful in many situations.